Tuesday, June 30, 2015

On the Many Faces of Love



I like to play with ideas…toss thoughts around and see what unfolds, especially lately around the current decision put forth by the Supreme Court which legislated that same-sex couples can marry. Since I am in the business of spirituality, I considered what I could know about the Nature of the Infinite, and I asked: Does the Infinite distinguish between the many forms of creation? Does It “like” some better than others? Does It, for instance, like the planet earth better than little, demoted Pluto? Does It prefer men over women? Does It find some forms of love more acceptable than others? Or, in Its creative process, does It make no real distinctions at all? Does It only delight in Its creativity and leave the distinctions, and therefore discriminations, to the objective forms of creation themselves?

Closer to the truth...

I think that the last question is closer to the truth. All we need do is see how punitive, how judgmental, how exclusionary human beings can be toward one another and how much pain this promotes. Who needs a God that is better at this than we are??

Get to know the "other".....

Over and over, from the wise to the simple, we have heard the admonition to get to know the “other” and discover that walls and resistances disappear when we find we all want the same things…the opportunities to love and be loved, to create homes or secure communities, to feel safe in our surroundings, to enjoy healthy families and to bring our special good to life. Why should something so universal, so obvious and so desirable become so complicated?

Another chance...

Well, the Supreme Court has torn down a wall and taken some of the forms of Love out of the shadows and into the light. We have another chance yet again to see ourselves, as Wayne Dyer likes to say, as “spiritual beings living a human life.”

Forms of Love....

There are many faces of Love that await our recognition and acceptance of one another. The law of the land now demands it. Our hearts have been open to this for years. Let’s step into the fullness of our humanity once and for all.


More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon
http://tinyurl.com/kxsb47c

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. http://write-my-essays.org/ I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.I’ll use this information for my essays.

    ReplyDelete