Tuesday, March 17, 2015

On Letting Go


          

What is so difficult about letting go? There is a wonderful old spiritual adage that states very simply: Let go and let God. This is some of the best, most thoughtful, practical advice there is…and we hardly ever take it. It is almost as if we have to have the person, situation or the thing ripped from our clutching fingers before we will relax our grip. And then if we’re not careful, we’ll want to snatch it right back.

 Losing control.....

I wonder…could it be that we’re so afraid of losing control that we must have every person, place and thing under our hand all the time. Or are we just afraid of losing control…period! I have found that, the more things seem to get out of hand in world situations, the more I want to know that all my chicks are all accounted for. And I’m not sure whether it’s world problems…there is always something going wrong, after all…or if I feel I’m losing my grip with the passing years.

A great trust...

I really do believe in letting go and letting God, even if I sometimes seem reluctant to do so. Then again, I have developed a great trust in greater wisdom than mine, so it is mine to practice letting go. The days will continue to pass; the sun will rise each morning; the moon knows how to do its thing, and my chicks all arrive home at night.

The life in us knows how ...

It really does not have to be this difficult, does it? Some people are good at letting go, not many maybe, but some. They just let things slip right on by when it’s time. When I grow up, I want to be like that. The life in us knows how to be lived; therefore, letting go is up.

Better get on with it.



More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment