Tuesday, January 6, 2015

On a new World



Now that we are moving into 2015, what will our new world be like this year? Or if this is perhaps too ambitious, we might cast our eyes on at least a new beginning. In last week’s blog I asked what we were going to say yes to, what forms would we be giving this Infinite Mind to create for us. Because we are sentient, self-aware beings able to use the power of Mind for good or ill, it is important that we take thought about where we find ourselves. Are we where we want to be…or is real change due?

New worlds find us anyway...

Even if we’re not up to setting up a new world for ourselves, sometimes new worlds find us anyway! And sometimes in ways we had not imagined. I have been in my home for over fifty years, and all that time I had a neighbor right across the street from me who had been in her home even longer. As my family grew up, so did hers, and she also grew from an active, compassionate, creative (she was a dressmaker of the first order) neighbor of middle years into widowhood and very old age. This past year she died, and I was unreasonably undone. I knew of course that we all die…that is, most of us do…but some are supposed to be eternal fixtures who remain regardless of our own comings and goings, and my neighbor seemed to be one of those. With my old neighbor’s passing, the last of a very present piece of my family went with her, and to my surprise, I was looking across at a new world. Her extended family spruced up the house and sold it to a young couple. All the familiar motions were gone; the lights and shadows inside the house were different. Even the “feel” of the house was different. Like it or not, my little piece of our street was changed forever.

A place in us that can accept newness...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to make a place for sudden change, unexpected newness. It is harder than ever for things to remain the same for long periods, and there needs to be a place in us that can accept newness, whether or not we invited it.

Become bigger, more insightful, more loving...

This year could be the time for us to become bigger, more insightful, more loving, more compassionate than ever, maybe even bringing a new world of our own into being.



More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment