Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Clear Thinking



I like to have a number of challenges before me to keep me going. When life begins to slow down for some of us at times, we will need a reason to get out of bed in the morning, so to get me moving, daily I affirm: Today I think clearly. Every offering presents me with a reason to keep my mind ready and responsive. And I try to keep myself “in readiness” to take on whatever comes to me for resolution. Since a great deal of my work involves thinking… or praying… on behalf of others, it is important that I do not allow my mind to become unduly upset or thoughtless.

The guiding light of our day!...

After all, what is a mind for if not to be the guiding light of our day! Our minds are obviously the most important element of being alive. I believe it is our connection to cosmic life, the agency through which we receive the inspiration which enables us to live wise, self-aware, healing existences. Who are we, then, to waste hours, days and weeks in profligate thinking, or tearing up the clear avenues of the mind through hateful, violent thought practices? If we disturb the pristineness of our thought movements through addictive behaviors or harmful ingestions, we may not get them back easily, if at all.

The most precious of the Divine Gifts...

The mind is the most precious of the Divine Gifts. How can we do less than “mind our minds” with loving care?

http://More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon

You might also enjoy "On Growing Up Consciously." 

No comments:

Post a Comment