Wednesday, July 21, 2021

I am Enough

Several years ago I wrote a book entitled, “I am Enough,” a small group of essays that developed the idea that we are endowed with whatever we need to create vital, joyous personal lives. In fact, I coined a quaint little phrase that sits in the back of my mind to remind me of our personal inheritances: “Enoughness now!”

Makes perfect sense...

As I think through the impact of this natural inheritance, it makes perfect sense to me. How could we expect to live a full, active, authoritative life if we did not already possess what we need to function as a healthy, well-endowed person? Yet there are many people who see themselves as “less than.” They either naturally mistrust themselves, or they were taught by others they valued that they somehow lacked the tools to create a good life for themselves.

A sense of self...

Nothing could be farther from the truth. We really know that others cannot give to us a sense of self. They may encourage and enhance what we have come to know about ourselves, but they do not hold our senses of self awareness in their hands. We are taught rightly that we must consider the wants and needs of others if we are to live generous, thoughtful lives, but in these considerations there also must be a place for our own self value if we are to live as fully and lovingly as possible!

More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment