Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Moving Along



        
Handling a pandemic is not for sissies…and even if you happen to be a sissy, you’ll be handling a pandemic anyway. This is how it is these days. Interesting thing… It seems that when humanity finds itself confronted with a monumental disaster, such as the coronavirus, it opens its heart of love for its members, and we find people who will help and assist everywhere. Kindnesses show up, and people cannot do enough for the neighbors they didn’t know until now.

I have to ask myself… Why in the hell does it take something awful to bring out the best in us? Why can’t we just choose to be good, caring people on a regular basis? Certainly I don’t know, but at least goodness is here. At this point in my life I fall into the “vulnerable” older group, and now I have neighbors who usually just wave to me checking up on me. As my spiritually-aware husband would say if he were standing beside me, “Thank you, Papa. Send some more!”

Some days are harder than others right now, and we know this. Tears fall sometimes, and the heart flutters, but we keep moving along. We have our loves, our beliefs, our practices, and our habits. As that nasty old saying goes, “This, too, shall pass,” and in the meantime we have what is ours to do.

Walk with me, and we shall pass through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment