Tuesday, December 7, 2021

We are here to bring Good

 



            It is my personal belief that, while we are on this earth, we are here to bring our good to life.  This is not necessarily because some Divine commission calls to us… although this can sometimes be the case… but just because it would be a great waste of time and energy not to bring our natural talents to good use, plus the fact that doing good things can bring us tremendous pleasure.  Is there not great satisfaction in helping a child accomplish a difficult task… or bringing a positive conclusion to a lingering difficulty… or simply brightening someone’s day with a small gift that we know brings joy?

The glint of a good outcome...           

 We all need a reason to get out of bed in the mornings, and the glint of some good outcome that we can accomplish… even something seemingly insignificant… can provide this, and there is always the remote possibility that something better than we had imagined may show up.  Good is hard to measure.  As we know, a little good to us may be a great good to someone else.

I bring my good to life...            

If we are looking for a loving, positive mandate to carry with us throughout the day, here’s one to consider:  I bring my good to life wherever I go.  I bring gifts because I am a gift!

 

More Essays on Everything is now available on Amazon. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment