Saturday, August 17, 2013

Reader Comments

Dear readers,

Since the start of my blog four months ago I have been enjoying the comments and contacts from you. Here is a summary of the most read articles on this blog in the case you missed one and would like to catch up. I know I would love to hear from you.


On Dusting Off Home Plate - Baseball is the only game I really know. Oh, I know what basketball and football intend with their baskets and...

On Random Acts of Kindness - After 9/11 we Americans learned that our assumptions of general safety were not as unassailable as we thought. In fact we have become ...

On Compassion - We are not born with it…To be fully human I believe we have to learn and practice compassion....

On Brailling - My husband and I got together in the middle of our lives, which meant that we brought into our relationship our already established...

On The Verdict - Of course we are caught up in the news, decisions and actions of the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case. We would have to be on...

On Smiling - For several years my husband and I walked the paths of a neighborhood park most week days; for exercise, yes, but also...

On Stress - About fifty years ago a Hungarian doctor named Hans Selye coined the word, stress, as a description of any external demands made on the...

On Freedom - The ontologist, Ernest Holmes, has said that if God has a will, it must for us “to express greater life, greater happiness, greater power,” ...

On It Is What It Is - A Glib Set of Words ‘It is what it is.’ How often have we spoken this glib set of words when viewing something in front of us that...

On God - I am a believer. Not perhaps in the ways that some people are, but I came into life knowing I belonged to something greater than myself. ...

If you have enjoyed these posts, I know you’ll enjoy the Free Author Event at Stepping Stones Books & Gifts where I am appearing on August 30 and I invite you to join me to hear more about Essays on Everything


Blessings always,

Margaret Stortz

No comments:

Post a Comment