Tuesday, October 13, 2020

The Peace of God



      

The Apostle, Paul, established several churches in the lands he ministered to throughout Asia Minor, and when he wrote to the people, he often invoked the Peace of God in his words as a gifted greeting. In my own writings, I do not usually think to do this because I try to avoid too much ”God talk” so as not to put off my more secular readers. However, maybe I should include this wonderful invocation at times. The Peace of God is a gift we can all share because, as one of the Gifts of the Spirit, it is always present. It doesn’t have to be reasoned into being; it needs only to be recognized and called out.
Remember the Divine Gifts...

In these conflicted days, perhaps we should remember the Divine Gifts more often and turn to them in our thoughts and prayer work. Peace we know of, and also Divine Love, Grace and the ability to have Faith are some others. Why are we not involving the natural, Universal harmonies as we engage in our daily thinking? Certainly we need all the inner wisdom and steadiness we can get!

 Include the holy energies...

I am going to re-think some of my spiritual practices to include the holy energies that we all bring with us into life. I am going to turn more often to Love and Peace, knowing that they ae always at hand and only await my invitation. Definitely I can enjoy the goodness of the Divine Inheritance that rests within me!

You may also enjoy "On Telling Stories."


http://More Essays About Everything is now available on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment